Sunday, September 1, 2013

4 (and a bit!) years on..

Father's Day..

Mine started with a coffee and a quiz my boys had filled in about their Dad..  

I love my boys, the 2 here and the 3rd only weeks away..

But my thoughts today always turn to my Dad..

I have no doubt my Dad would be proud of all 4 of his boys, all for different reasons.. He wasn't perfect, no human is, but if the proof is in the pudding, then he did alright.

I wish he were still around, and there were more like him.  I think much of the issues faced in our society wouldn't exist if more were. 

He would dig beneath the surface to seek out truth.

He wouldn't be satisfied with the status quo.

He would find a better way to do things.

And I think he would be utterly disgusted with the current state of political affairs.

I hope to take further what he started and run with it.

And that my boys will take what I've done into new amazing realms..

(edit.. I miscounted how long I'd been married which led to adding a year.. ;) thanks Mum for pointing it out! :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment