Saturday, June 29, 2013

Time wounds all heels..

Hang on.. Scratch that.. Time heals all wounds.. Or does it?

This very time 2 months ago, what I had noticed as a few spots on one arm had appeared on the other.. And so began a journey that would see me in hospital for 9 days, 4 weeks recovery, daily to a few days to weekly to fortnightly blood tests.. And steroids.. Lots.. Of.. Steroids..

So the latest results were:

Platelet = 189
Haemoglobin = 144

So it would seem my haemoglobin has reached its normal level.. And for that, I celebrated with a fine Jacobs Creek Shiraz..

Platelet count going up is a good thing, even if slowly, and has seen another halving of my steroid intake.. It should be dropped again after the next blood test.. I do look forward to being off them!

I've enjoyed being back at work! At this stage I have another fortnight.. As always a lot of positive feedback that would be nicer if followed up by action.. Like some kind of commitment! 

Ain't that a dirty word these days.. ;)

And I'm finding in life.. Some wounds don't heal.. Just when you think they have.. Someone can come along and pick the scab.. In the last couple of months I've seen some of the best of humanity and some of the worst.. It's just been disappointing who has been responsible for the latter..

But the best of humanity always brings a hope for change!

No comments:

Post a Comment