Saturday, June 15, 2013

I was never that good at maths..

1 + 1 = A Window? :p

So for the last few weeks, my haematologist has lowered my steroid dosage in response to moderate increases in my blood counts.. But lowering dosage tended to halve the rises.. It went from going up by 30 a fortnight.. to 15.. to 6.. So I didn't hold out much hope of positive increase for the most recent blood test.. Anticipated maybe 3? :p

So it's a pleasant surprise to be able to tell you that the latest results are:
platelets = 183, haemoglobin = 144!

So it appears that the worst is definitely behind me.. :)  I'm still having issues with my spleen, particularly in the cold weather, but that will improve over time and I just have to stay warm..

And I reckon the next milestone (150 haemoglobin) will be marked with a nice nip of whisky!

... And I'd love to mark the next positive platelet count with a tattoo.. But I don't think I'll have the money for that, unfortunately.. (or fortunately, if you ask my wife! ;) ).

But for now.. Long live the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment