Thursday, May 1, 2014

Losing grip on the things we take for granted...

A year ago today I was not a pretty picture..

Retrospectively, I know I got away lightly, having encountered people whose journey through immune disorders was much, much more traumatic and long-lasting.

My last platelet count from a couple of days ago was 198. 

The worst is over for me, but for so many others that's not the case.

It's one of the many things we take for granted.

And it was just til I lost it that I discovered how much it was worth.

We're losing so many of the things we've taken for granted - health, education, fair opportunity and reward for effort..

Are we so willing to give them up in the face of a perceived crisis?

Is it really worth it, to recover from a 'debt' crisis created by the top end of town, where the penalties being worn by the lower socio-economic end of town?

Everyone is going to do the heavy lifting, apparently, but some are going to be doing more of it than others..

And those losing the least are sure going to be taking for granted what those losing the most do..

And I'm sure Abbott is taking for granted that he'll be re-elected.

I don't think so Tony..

If I got sick now, I'd be far more concerned than I was this time last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment